Early Childhood Education Jobs in Utah
In Utah, salaries for preschool teachers and others working in the field of early childhood education are well aligned with regional averages, making them quite competitive with what’s seen in the neighboring states of Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico.
- Rasmussen College - Online 9-month ECE Certificate, Online Bachelor’s in ECE Leadership
USC Rossier - Online Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Fordham University - Online Master of Science in Teaching
- USC - Master's in School Counseling Online
- NYU - Master’s Degree in School Counseling Online
- Vanderbilt Peabody College - Online Master’s with School Counseling
- Capella University - Online Master's in Early Childhood Education
- Concordia University - Online MEd in Curriculum & Instruction in Early Childhood Education
Utah Salary Rankings
in the US for Childcare Workers
in the US for Special Education Teachers, Preschool
in the US for Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education
Early Childhood Jobs in Utah
Utah’s highest earners within the broad filed of early childhood education are kindergarten teachers, with an average salary of $48,320, followed closely by special ed teachers in preschools who earn an average salary of $48,260.
|Occupation||Total Employed||Median Annual Salary||% of US Median|
|Special Education Teachers, Kindergarten and Elementary School||1,490||$46,320||74%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||1,550||$29,700||86%|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||2,340||$44,160||89%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||680||$48,320||83%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare||170||$41,730||77%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool||270||$48,260||78%|
|= Salary below nat’l. avg. = Salary above nat’l. avg.|
Childcare Workers – There are 5,990 childcare workers employed in Utah earning an average salary of $22,420.
Child, Family, and School Social Workers – The 2,340 child, family, and school social workers that call Utah home earn an average of $44,160. The number of jobs in this field is expected to increase by 16% through 2026.
Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education – Utah’s 680 kindergarten teachers earn an average salary of $48,320.
Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education – The state’s 1,550 preschool teachers earn an average salary of $29,700.
Special Education Teachers – Kindergarten and Elementary School – There are 1,490 special education teachers at the kindergarten and elementary level employed in Utah. These jobs pay $46,320 on average.
Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare – Utah’s 170 education administrators in preschool and childcare settings earn, on average, $41,730. Jobs in this field are projected to increase by 11% through 2026, thereby ensuring a wealth of professional opportunities in the coming years.
Special Education Teachers, Preschool – The 270 special education teachers working in Utah’s preschools earn an average of $48,260, and jobs in this field are projected to increase at a rate of 8% through 2026.
City-Level Job Stats
Salt Lake City’s kindergarten teachers and early childhood educators enjoy some of the highest salaries in Utah, surpassing other metropolitan regions by as much as $9,000. For example, special education teachers in kindergarten and elementary school settings earn an average salary of $48,750, compared to those in the Ogden-Clearfield metro area, who earn just $39,480.
- Salt Lake City – 650 licensed teachers with an average salary of $30,330
- Ogden-Clearfield – 430 licensed teachers with an average salary of $29,900
- Provo-Orem – 320 licensed teachers with an average salary of $26,670
- Logan, UT-ID –average salary of $32,170
- George – 50 licensed teachers with an average salary of $22,620
- Salt Lake City – 420 licensed teachers with an average salary of $47,810
- Provo-Orem –average salary of $39,280
Special Education Teachers – Preschool
- Salt Lake City –average salary of $30,650
Special Education Teachers – Kindergarten and Elementary School
- Salt Lake City – 750 licensed teachers with an average salary of $48,750
- Ogden-Clearfield – 250 licensed teachers with an average salary of $39,480
- Logan, UT-ID –average salary of $44,460
Education Administrators – Preschool and Childcare
- Salt Lake City – 80 administrators with an average salary of $45,760
- Ogden-Clearfield –average salary of $33,170
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed April 2019] https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_ut.htm#25-0000.
BLS salary data represents state and MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) average and median earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.