Online Early Childhood Degrees
For people whose location or work schedule makes it difficult to pursue a campus-based, full-time degree program, there are online Early Childhood degree program options at all levels (Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, etc.) available from accredited schools across the country.
- Rasmussen College - Early Childhood Education Associate's Degree - Child Development Specialization, and Bachelor’s in ECE Leadership
USC Rossier Master of Arts in Teaching Online - Prepare for teaching credential
- Fordham University - Online Master of Science in Teaching
- USC - Master's in School Counseling Online
- NYU - Master’s Degree in School Counseling Online
- Vanderbilt Peabody College - Online Master’s with School Counseling
- Capella University - Online Master's in Early Childhood Education
- Concordia University - Online MEd in Curriculum & Instruction in Early Childhood Education
Even some “completely online” programs may require you to visit campus a handful of times, so it’s always a good idea to ask the school personnel specifically how much on-campus time is required.
Real Students Talk About Online ECE Degrees
Current students are the best source of unbiased information on what it’s like to earn an early childhood education degree online. That’s why we interviewed real students from notable online programs about their experiences. Below, ValindaJo Barkley of Arizona State University and Courtney Cruz of Youngstown State University break down the structure of their online degree programs, and advise you on how to balance working full-time with earning a degree online.
Arizona State University
Youngstown State University
The list below represents the result of our exhaustive research across hundreds of college and university websites. We hope that it gives you a good head start in researching your options!