Certification and Degrees
If you’re wondering what’s required to earn an early childhood teaching credential or license in your—or any other—state, you’ve come to the right place!
All of our information on teacher certification is straight from each state’s department of education website and includes links to pages you need for forms, applications, exams and more detailed information.
- Rasmussen College - Early Childhood Education Associate's Degree - Child Development Specialization, and Bachelor’s in ECE Leadership
USC Rossier Master of Arts in Teaching Online - Prepare for teaching credential
- Fordham University - Online Master of Science in Teaching
- USC - Master's in School Counseling Online
- NYU - Master’s Degree in School Counseling Online
- Vanderbilt Peabody College - Online Master’s with School Counseling
- Capella University - Online Master's in Early Childhood Education
- Concordia University - Online MEd in Curriculum & Instruction in Early Childhood Education
Click on any of the states (or D.C.!) below to find out:
- Requirements for early childhood teaching certification with links to the official state department of education website
- Information about some of the top schools in the state offering bachelor, master’s and/or doctorate degrees in early childhood education
- The names of various professional organizations for teachers
- Where to look for job ads for open teacher positions
- What early childhood education-focused blogs you should follow
Also, check out our lists of colleges that are closing the gender gap between male and female teachers in our article “20 Top Teacher Education Colleges for Men“, as well as our comprehensive list of Online Early Childhood Degrees.
District of Columbia