Certification and Degrees

Quick Degree Finder
Earlychildhoodteacher.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured programs and school search results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other information published on this site.

If you’re wondering what’s required to earn an early childhood teaching credential or license in your—or any other—state, you’ve come to the right place!

All of our information on teacher certification is straight from each state’s department of education website and includes links to pages you need for forms, applications, exams and more detailed information.

Featured Programs:
Sponsored School

Grand Canyon University
Request Info

Selected Program:

  • 20 + Online Bachelor's and Master’s in ECE, Elementary, Special Ed and Secondary Concentrations
Rasmussen College
Request Info

Selected Program:

    • Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate or Diploma
    • Associate’s in ECE or Child Development
    • Bachelor’s completion program in ECE Leadership
Capella University
Request Info

Selected Program:

  • Online Master's in Early Childhood Education

Click on any of the states (or D.C.!) below to find out:

  • Requirements for early childhood teaching certification with links to the official state department of education website
  • Information about some of the top schools in the state offering bachelor, master’s and/or doctorate degrees in early childhood education
  • The names of various professional organizations for teachers
  • Where to look for job ads for open teacher positions
  • What early childhood education-focused blogs you should follow

Also, check out our lists of colleges that are closing the gender gap between male and female teachers in our article “20 Top Teacher Education Colleges for Men“, as well as our comprehensive list of Online Early Childhood Degrees.

Share and Enjoy !



Back to top